You may have just rescued your perfect pet: he’s great to hang out with in the house or apartment, he loves your friends, and they never act aggressively toward you or your family members. But you soon find out that they have some funny behavioral quirks: they get shy or anxious when the leash is around or on them; they act aggressively toward other animals when you take them outside or for a walk. These are just a couple examples of certain behaviors that you soon may discover about your pet, things that are easily trainable to make them an even more perfect pet for your household!
Here are some other common examples of animal behavior that we can consult on:
- Aggression directed towards other humans
- Veterinary diagnosed canine separation anxiety
- Shyness or anxiety
- lunging at other pets while on leash
- Common issues surrounding rescue pets
- Impulsivity and control issues
- Hyperactivity and struggling to calm down
- Pets that guard resources
- Fighting other pets living in the same household
- Destructive behaviors
- Nipping, snapping, and/or growling
There are numerous behaviors that may not be listed here, but we are confident that we can help you with whatever behavior may be manifesting in your pet. We believe in using non-violent methodologies that promotes trust and bonding. Our aim is to train for good behaviors while strengthening human relationships with your pets.
If you’re looking for more information regarding behavior consultations for your pet, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our helpful staff is eager to answer any and all questions you may have.
We can’t wait to meet and service your pet at Cooper City Animal Clinic! Our friendly staff of veterinarians in Cooper City are welcoming new pet owners today!